Tax season is here and we’d like to share information about when Health New England will be mailing your 2022 Health Care Coverage tax forms. Below is a breakdown of timing for each tax form type.
Form MA 1099-HC
Health New England sends the Massachusetts Health Care Coverage Form MA 1099-HC to all members. The 2022 Form MA 1099-HC is scheduled to be mailed by January 31, 2023.
If you need to file your taxes before you receive your 2022 Form MA 1099-HC from Health New England, you will need the Health New England tax identification (ID) number to complete your Schedule HC (for proof of health care coverage). To determine the correct tax ID number to use, check your Health New England Member ID card for the group number:
- If the Group number on your card begins with the letter S, then use the tax ID number: 04-3012347.
- If your Group number begins with any other letter or number, use the tax ID number: 04-2864973.
Federal Form 1095
The 2022 Form 1095-A Health Insurance Marketplace Statement for Connector members will be mailed by the end of January. Contact the MA Health Connector at (877) 623-6765 if you have questions about your 1095-A form.
The 2022 Form 1095-B Health Coverage and the 2022 Form 1095-C Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage will be mailed by March 2, 2023, per the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) deadline extension.
Please note: If you need a duplicate form after the above listed dates, please log into the Member Portal to submit a secure request, or email Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, member ID number, and which form you are requesting.
Explanation of tax forms
Form MA 1099-HC – Health New England sends the Massachusetts Health Care Coverage Form MA 1099-HC to all members. It is mainly used for filing your Massachusetts state tax return. This form is also mailed to Connecticut residents who work for a Massachusetts employer or receive their health care coverage through Health New England.
Federal 1095 forms identify what health care coverage you had and/or were offered in the previous tax year:
- Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement – Individuals who purchased health care coverage through the Health Connector will receive this form. This form is sent by the Massachusetts Health Connector.
- Form 1095-B, Health Coverage – Health New England will send this form to all fully funded group members.
- Form 1095-C, Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage – Individuals who get their health insurance through their employer (employers with 50+ employees, and self-funded groups) will receive this form. This form is sent by the employer.
- Some individuals will receive both 1095-B and 1095-C forms—one from Health New England and one from their employer.
Individuals who have Medicare or Medicaid get their health care coverage forms directly from the government.