You and your covered family members could receive reimbursement for the following:*
- Aerobic/wellness classes (class instructors must be certified)
- Athletic event registration fees (i.e., 5K, half-marathon, Tough Mudder, triathlons, etc.)
- Bike shares
- Community supported agriculture (CSA) or farm shares
- Fitness equipment and devices (i.e., treadmill, workout videos, fitbit)
- Golf (greens fees)
- Mindfulness classes and apps (including Levelhead for Real Life app)
- Noom (weight loss program)
- Nutrition classes and apps
- Personal trainer fees (personal trainers must be certified)
- Qualifying fitness club memberships (must have cardiovascular and strength training exercise equipment included in the membership)
- School and town sports
- Ski tickets
- WW (formerly Weight Watchers®)
- Wellness and fitness apps
Maximum reimbursement is $200 individual / $400 family per calendar year.*
Health New England will not reimburse you for:
- Classes or personal training sessions with uncertified trainers
- Fees paid to weight loss programs other than WW® or Noom
- Country clubs, social clubs, or tanning salons
- Vitamins, supplements
- Fees paid for food (food source not from CSA), books, transportation, smartphones or smart watches, or any other items or services
- Kids' camps (i.e., art, bible, town, etc.). We will cover sports camps if they are run by certified coaches/trainers.
- Requests received later than March 31 of the following year.
To submit your fitness reimbursement request online, use our simple Wellness Reimbursement Form by logging into the
myHealthNewEngland Member Portal. You will find a link to the form by clicking "Forms" in the left navigation menu.
You also can call Member Services to request a form at (413) 787-4004 or toll-free at (800) 310-2835.
*Not all employer groups offer reimbursement for all items and activities listed. Not all employer groups offer this reimbursement. Please check your membership materials for details, or contact Member Services if you need more information.